Plugins - Login Check|
Category: Logging in
This plugin is intended to avoid cross-contamination of user preferences (and associated security issues) that can happen when users log into SquirrelMail using a browser where another user was already logged in (to the same server/domain).
This is a long-standing problem with SquirrelMail that is caused by cookie-based user sessions - only one cookie per browser per domain is possible. In the future, when SquirrelMail offers other session mechanisms, this plugin will not be necesesary.
This plugin is only needed if there is a possibility of users forgetting to log out before another user attempts to log in with the same browser to the same domain.
by Paul Lesniewski on Feb 1, 2010
Please support this plugin's development: Donate to this author
[ login_check-1.0-1.4.10.tar.gz tarball (8467 d/l) Help ]
Requires: SquirrelMail version 1.4.10 or up
Description: Initial release
No older versions.
If you have problems with the download or decompressing...
- Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Target As"
- Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link As"
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link Document As"
- Lynx and Links
- Press "d" on the link to download the file directly.
- Untarring problems: Your browser might have un-gzipped it for you
automatically. Try just "tar xvf" instead of
"tar xvfz". Also, the plugins archive isn't gzipped
(it is a tarball of .tar.gz files)
- Macintosh users: Just hold down your mouse button to get the menu
instead of right-clicking.
- If all else fails, seek our help