Plugins - IP address and username restrictions|
(Obsolete: See User Restriction by IP plugin)
This plugin limits access to only specified usernames and IP addresses. This can be useful for corporations that do not want all their accounts accessable from the internet. The IP address is optional, it can be used for extra security.
by Richard Zuidhof on Aug 1, 2002
[ ip_users.1.1-1.2.x.tar.gz tarball (10725 d/l) Help ]
Requires: SquirrelMail 1.2.x
Description: Changed the location of the access file from /etc/squirrelmail to the Squirrelmail config directory. Prevented viewing the file through webserver by making it a php script.
Change was needed because the Squirrelmail package on Debian symlinks the Squirrelmail config directory to /etc/squirrelmail. Besides that it was needed to make the plugin cross-platform.
No older versions.
If you have problems with the download or decompressing...
- Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Target As"
- Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link As"
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link Document As"
- Lynx and Links
- Press "d" on the link to download the file directly.
- Untarring problems: Your browser might have un-gzipped it for you
automatically. Try just "tar xvf" instead of
"tar xvfz". Also, the plugins archive isn't gzipped
(it is a tarball of .tar.gz files)
- Macintosh users: Just hold down your mouse button to get the menu
instead of right-clicking.
- If all else fails, seek our help