If we get an error message and it isn't discussed below, we really wanna know about it! Check out the [support] page to figure out who to contact.
- BadRequest - Bad request: The imap servier is reporting that plain text logins are disabled. Using cram-md5 or digest-md5 authentication instead may work. Also, the use of tls may allow squirrelmail to login.
- PermissionDenied - CREATE "INBOX.Sent"CREATE failed: Can't create mailbox node /home/accounts/INBOX.Sent: Permission denied
- LowMemoryProblem - Allowed memory size of [###] bytes exhausted
- InternetExplorerVersusSSL - This page contains both secure and nonsecure items
- WindowsDynamicDNS - A message about not being able to find/resolve the page when you try to log in.
- LoginFails - The correct IMAP User and Password are refused when connecting to hmailserver.
- LoginError - You must be logged in to access this page
- AutoLogout - Automatic logout of SquirrelMail during active use results in the "You must be logged in to access this page" error
- DataPermission - "Error opening ../data/default_pref"
- NewUserCannotLogin - Fatal error: Maximum execution time [...] exceeded ...
- InvalidMailboxName - ERROR : Could not complete request. Query:CREATE "INBOX./Sent" Reason Given: Invalid mailbox name
- FailedOpeningRequired - Fatal error: Failed opening required '../config/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/squirrelmail/src/login.php on line 57.
- ForbiddenError Forbidden You don't have permission to access /squirrelmail on this server.
- MailServerSMTPProblem - Error connecting to SMTP Server. Connection refused
- MailServerSMTPStream - Server replied: 111 Can't open SMTP stream
- MailServerIMAPProblem - Error connecting to IMAP server. Connection refused
- CompatibilityErrorWithUW - Unknown error: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 ... (trimmed)
- ConnectionsPerMinute - imap/tcp server failing (looping)
- Server replied: 451 qq write error or disk full (#4.3.0) What does this mean?
- The server partition that stores qmail queue is full or your message was to big.
- ERROR User not local; please try forwarding Server replied: 551 5.7.1 we do not relay
- Run Squirrelmail Configuration and check on Server Settings that the SMTP server is defined as your hostname and not as localhost.
Reading and Managing mail
- DatafileLocking - "Could not lock datafile error" when adding contacts under Win9X
- ProtocolError - "Cannot Initialize LDAP Server ldap.example.com [LDAP: ldap.example.com] Protocol error" when trying to access LDAP server from the Address button in Compose Email
- BrokenProcClose - "I tried to execute 'ispell -a', but it returned: @(#) International Ispell Version ..."